Wednesday, May 11, 2011

My Brick Wall


With help from family records and interviews family member I've been able to track my direct decedents all the way back to 1805. But I've been stuck at 1805 for the past few years. For now my journey ends with the birth of Samuel C. Weeks born in 1805 in Maryland. I just can not find any information about his parents. Who were they and where did they come from?

I know that Samuel was born in Maryland in 1805. That information has been confirmed from family records, US Census and a obituary written about him in 1870 in Ohio.

I also have a picture of his son Issac’s home in the late 1800's. In this pictures are other children of Samuel's along with pictures of some of his grandchildren.

A couple of years ago I had my YDNA taken hoping that would help break down that brick wall. So far no help. Not because of any fault of YNDA. It's just that the data base of men who have posted their YDNA and have the Weeks surname is just too small. As more Weeks men get their YDNA and post their results the more useful YDNA will become in helping to find male ancestors.

The following posts in this section of this blog details some of the actions I've taken to try to find the parents of Samuel C. Weeks.

I'm always looking for advice on this topic.

No comments: